Chapter 8

Dear Diary,
All the boys were happy about killing the pig. Yet, my leadership was questioned by no one other than Jack himself. I had no idea why he would question it. I soon came to realize that all he wanted was to become chief instead of me. Jack told all of the boys that I am a coward which was a lie.



Jack then wanted to vote on who will be chief  and told all of the other boys to vote. To my surprise no one did vote for me to step down as chief. Jack wanted to become leader so much that he left all of the others including myself. He even wanted all of the other hunters to join his tribe. He is now bribing others with meat so they may join his tribe. Which would probably leave me with nothing and no one.




Just when I was in doubt Piggy then comes to comfort me. He than tells me an idea that lifts my spirit which is we should make another signal fire but not on the mountain rather on the beach. I feel so much more uplifted with hope that Piggy has given me. All the other boys who remain started to work on the fire. I am soon realizing that some of the boys have gone to be with Jack and his tribe. Piggy reassures me that we are better off without those traders.


Sincerely,
Ralph

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Blog

Chapter 9