Chapter 4

Dear Diary,




Something terrible happened today on this island. As Simon, Piggy and I saw a ship pass by the island an idea came to all of us that we should hurry and use Piggy's specs to light a fire to use as a signal. I have told both Sam and Eric to tend the fire but to my surprise they left and joined Jack in hunting a pig for its blood and meat. The fire then burned half of the mountain down.


At this point my blood is boiling and I don't know how to feel about Jack anymore. We had a chance to be rescued by a ship that was passing by the island. Jack had to go and ruin it all for the rest of us who are stuck on the island. Piggy and I confront Jack for what he has done, and what gets me so irritated is that he doesn't even care about us getting rescued. For the first time I saw Piggy stand up to Jack but in a result Jack hit him in the gut, and it wasn't pretty. Piggy's specs broke and we lost a fire starter so from now on we all need to be careful. Tonight we ate pig and it was Jacks first kill.

I don't really know what to expect next from any of these boys on the island. Everyone is unpredictable, and now no one knows when or if another ship will come by to rescue us. Each and everyday all of us become more barbaric. Yet I feel as if their will be a huge conflict between Jack and I. But we will see what will happen. Until next time.


Sincerely,
Ralph

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Final Blog

Chapter 9

Chapter 8